A rustic recipe, perfect in any occasion. Its creamy consistance will surprise your guests! Let’s see how is it made:
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 bacon rashers (diced)
- 200g of mushrooms (cleaned and thickly sliced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup walnuts – roughly chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bacon and cook for 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the mushrooms, garlic, walnuts and rice and cook for a minute, stirring to coat the rice with oil. Add the wine, stock, salt and pepper, bring to the boil then cover with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Simmer gently for 20 minutes without lifting the lid. Stir the reserved tablespoon of olive oil, parsley and cheese through the rice.
Find more recipes here!
Learn the Italian traditional recipes with our Italian cooking courses!